Privacy & Cookies: Our promises
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure.
So you’re clued up, here’s why we need it and how we use it.
1. It’s now… well since 25th of Mai 2018
We will only use your data to up your experience.
2. Warm and protected
We’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
3. Let’s talk
We’ll always talk your language and have your back – no nonsense, no surprises.
4. Tell us
You decide what and how you hear from us.
5. If you don’t want it we don’t either 😉
Your info won’t just hang about – if we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
Privacy & Cookies
1 – Protecting Your Privacy
At LATY, we are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and security, our customers and site visitors. The LATY team members are customers themselves of other internet sites – so we totally understand and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is PROJECT IN PROGRESS.
2 – How we use your information ?
We use your information in a number of different ways:
Your name and contact details
How we use your name & contact details ?
1. Deliver your purchases to you
2. Send you service messages by text, e-mail or through our app, such as order updates
3. Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services
4. Fraud prevention and detection
Why we use your name & contact details ?
1. In order to ensure our contract with you
2. In order to ensure our contract with you (so you can tell when your order is coming)
3. To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission
4. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or LATY
Your payment information
This means your card’s security/CVV code, don’t worry, we don’t keep them.
How we use your payment information ?
1. Take payment, and give refunds
2. Fraud prevention and detection
Why we use your payment information ?
1. In order to ensure our contract with you
2. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or LATY
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
How we use your contact history ?
1. Provide customer service and support
2. Train our staff
Why we use your contact history ?
1. In order to ensure our contract with you, after all, you expect the best service from us
2. So that, when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service
Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time
How we use your purchase history and saved items ?
1. Sell you things
2. Provide customer service and support, and handle returns
3. Finding out what you, and other customers, like
Why we use your purchase history and saved items ?
1. In order to ensure our contract with you — if you can’t put stuff into a basket, you can’t buy it!
2. In order to ensure our contract with you
3. To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
Information you give us when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app.
How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app ?
1. Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency)
2. Protect our website
Why we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app ?
1. To give you the best possible shopping experience
2. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or LATY – unfortunate, but absolutely essential — and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data
Information from accounts you link to us
What we do if you link your Twitter or Facebook accounts to us
How we use information from accounts you link to us ?
1. To enable you to log into our website simply and easily without having to create a specific account
2. To provide product recommendations
Why we use information from accounts you link to us ?
1. To make it easier for you to use latyworld.com and purchase those items you want!
2. So you can quickly spot things which take your fancy
Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
How we use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions ?
1. Run the survey, competition or promotion
Why we use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions ?
1. In order to ensure our contract with you — if we can’t use your entry, you can’t possibly win!
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
3 – Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
1. Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
2. Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
3. Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
4. Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from latyworld.com
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
1. Through your account settings
2. By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
3. By contacting us at email@example.com
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity at LATY).
Your information and countries outside Europe
We protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information about these is available here http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
4 - Keeping your information
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care team and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
1. The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
2. The right to access the personal information we hold about you
3. The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account
4. The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
5. The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
6. The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
7. The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in France, the CNIL
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
5 – Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the LATY website or other LATY services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use LATY.
6 – Cookies